Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cheaper Than a Hot Dog With No Mustard

Some days there is absolutely nothing than can pull you out of a bad state of mind. You've just got a ride it out and hope that a four-finger whiskey pour from Some Bartender can help you out. That or a quickie. Or hell, just some good, old-fashioned wallowing if none of that is going to do it for you.

When I'm feeling blue, and I've finished up my self-pity party, have no chance of an orgasm in sight, and no funds for a heavy pour, I look to music to perk me up. I don't care if that's a cliche, because it's the fucking truth. To clarify, I'm talking about picking tunes to purposefully pull me out of the slump. So no old school favorites like Jeff Buckley or Modest Mouse, and no newer slow-jams that make you want to cry like Band of Horses or Grizzly Bear. No offense to those talented folks, but just sayin'.

In my humble opinion, the best way to climb out of the hate-yourself-hustle is to throw on Licence to Ill. Let me clear my throat! It is the musical version of the best movie ever. Tales of piracy; lessons in history; crafty, slutty girls (hell, any Girls); fights (for the right to Party); sleepless nights; constant references to White Castle and beer drinking; cocktail recipes; and all kinds of inside jokes that somehow manage to get funnier ever time. You can't help but feel better after spending a little time gettin' ill.

In case you need a little Rhymin' & Stealin' to get you in a better head space, get on this cool check. After you bust a move, I promise you will feel so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment